A few words about the show:
Five bodies in movement revealing the mechanical precision of the human anatomy. In a space stripped of all décor, three women and two men give themselves up to a wave of movement, sometimes slow, sometimes fast, but always clean and precise. Graphic and incisive. In solos and trios, in duos and a quintet, the bodies dance the silence of an interior peace. They are living channels for a meditation in movement. They are agents of humanity.
Critical acclaim from the press
- “Totally abstract. Terribly human.” International Festival Brigittines, Brussels 2008
- “A spectacle of definite intelligence that releases waves of emotion”, Voir, Montreal 2007
- “A stunning work of choreographic writing”, La Presse, Montreal 2006
- Choreography: José Navas
- Dancers: the Company
- Music: Alexander MacSween
- Lighting: Marc Parent
- Costumes: José Navas/Compagnie Flak and Vandal
- Length: 60 min
- Premiere: 8 November 2006, Agora de la danse, Montreal (Canada)
- Original cast: José Navas, Mira Peck, David Rancourt, Ami Shulman, Jamie Wright
Anatomies is a co-production of José Navas/Compagnie Flak and l’Agora de la danse (Montreal).